You can import tasks from a CSV file easily by clicking the "Import tasks" button on the top of your tasks or by right clicking on a task and selecting the "Import tasks" option.
Select then the "CSV file" in the list of import options and upload your CSV file by clicking the "Upload your .csv file".
If your csv file contains Team members or Skills, it will be asked to you to match them to existing team members/skills or create new ones (or ignore them).
Once done, just select the destination of your import and finish your import.
Formatting of CSV file
There are some requirement concerning the formatting of your CSV file.
- First of all it should be a semicolon delimited file.
- The first line of your file are your header and can contain some of the options bellow
- One line per task
All these columns are optional. You should put this exact name in the first line of the column for the import of this data to be done correctly.
- "Min Effort"
- "Max Effort"
- "Assigned To"
- "Due Date"
- "Delay Date"
ALL OTHER COLUMNS OF YOUR FILE WILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE TASK TITLES AND THE ORDER OF THEM WILL CREATE HIERARCHY. (see below the task hierarchy section)
On tasks lines, the content of the previous columns can have some restrictions and formatting needed:
- Skills: Enter any name you want but always use the exact same name when it is the same skill. If you want it to be automatically matched with existing skills of your workspace use the same name than the existing skill.
- Min and Max efforts: Use integer or float values (ex: 2 or 2.5)
- Priority: Should be one of the following. "Normal", "Medium", "High", "Urgent". If omitted, defaults to "Normal".
- Status: Should be one of the following. "todo", "inprogress", "done". If omitted, defaults to "todo".
- Assigned to: Enter any name you want but always use the exact same name when it is the same person. If you want it to be automatically matched with existing team members of your workspace use the same name than the existing one. Please note that if "Status" is "todo", this will force the assignment of the task to that person. In the case of a Status "inprogress" it will put the person as working on the task.
- Due and delay dates: Should be formatted YYY-MM-DD (Example: 2020-12-31)
- Description: Enter anything you want here for the description of your task.
Task titles columns and how to create hierarchy
All other columns of you file will be considered as task titles and can create hierarchy in the order of appearance.
We recommend using the first columns to do that.
The import system will take this in the lines orders so look at our example file below to understand how to use this.
You can download an example file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tj-4B1s02ctWOkPvB3l3xpqQPigm-uWE/view?usp=sharing